Thank you for visiting my Guestbook.
[ Back to Home Page ]
Name: cynthia joslin <email@example.com> Date: 2015-04-25 Your Name cynthia joslin Families you are Researching Gott Comments:
Granddaughter of Beatrice L. Gott who married Ervin Thurston of Stonington. Beatrice was born in Tremont 1889, daughter of Eben Gott and Lannie Richardson.
Name: Kathy (Swan) Sprague <firstname.lastname@example.org> Date: 2015-04-05 Your Name Kathy (Swan) Sprague Families you are Researching Swan; Sprague;Gott; Richardson; Wasgatt,; Ma Comments:
My research is vast in Maine and all over New England, overseas, and Canada. Am always interested in gathering information. I'm doing my former in-law (Sprague,Gott,Joyce, etc.); mine (Swan, Wasgatt, Gott, Mayo, Rocick, Hopkins, Bunker, etc.); and my grandson's (Sockbeson, from Passamaquoddy's in Perry area). Lots of gaps.
Name: Frank C. Reed <email@example.com> Date: 2015-01-20 Your Name Frank C. Reed Families you are Researching Reed Comments:
I have not been active in the society for years... now that I have retired... as I am not in the area as much now. I was an original signer of the Society's original incorporation in 1989 and served as Vice president under Stan Reed. I have been a steady researcher for 40 years and have some real gems.
1. Penobscot Expedition of 1759 which claimed southern Maine up through the Penobscot including Bangor. Thus started the first English settlers and settlers claims.
2. The Commissioners Proceedings of 1808 to determine settlers claims based on occupancy as of 1785.
3. The first two maps representing those first settler/occupants.
4. Deeds to clarify why some names shown on the first maps were current occupants in 1785 but weren't the original settlers.
5. The March 1848 Mount Desert town meeting that approved separation of Tremont from Mount Desert.
6. The Maine legislature's 1848 Act to incorporate the Town of Mansell.. later changed to Tremont.
7. Tremont approved the separation of Southwest Harbor in 1905.
8. Two Land Ownership Maps. If any goes to the Tremont Town Office, they will see the two huge maps I donated. These copies of the Colby 1860 and 1887 show the name of the lot owner. These are real tear jerkers for those who never knew where their ancestors actually lived and probably where they were buried. There were only three issues of these Land Ownership type maps. I have the third one also but it was a smaller atlas book size.
9. Lastly, I have copies of this society's incorporation documents.
If you are anything like me, you want original documentation and clarifying documentation. I can upload these for peoples' copying, if you wish.
Thanks for all you do,
Frank C. Reed
Name: jeff marshall <firstname.lastname@example.org> Date: 2015-01-12 Your Name Jeff Marshall Comments:
Researching history and genealogy on the following surnames: Benson, Marshall, Norwood, Robbins, Stanley, Dow, Butler, Hodgon, McMullin, Graham, Lawson, Wooster, Thurston, Webster, Gott.
My family in Tremont area begins with Bowen Marshall (grandfather) and Marilyn Benson (grandmother).
Name: Leroy Small <email@example.com> Date: 2014-11-30 Your Name Leroy Small Families you are Researching Small, Snowden, Davis, Lufkin & many more Comments:
My family was large on both the Small & Snowden my mothers side. My grandfather Roy Snowden was the oldest of 12 children.His mother was Annie Davis Snowden daughter & oldest of 9 children. Her parents were Roswell Perry Davis & Margaret Ellen Grover Davis. On the Small side is about the same. I have family all over the country. My mother Carol & twin sister Marvel Snowden Torrey were known as the Snowden twins.
Name: Ann Millard <firstname.lastname@example.org> Date: 2014-11-24 Your Name Ann Families you are Researching Watson Comments:
I am the the daughter of Claire Watson Millard. I am enjoying all the Watson pictures as shown on your Website. I am looking forward to more and probably could share a few.
Name: Mrs. Joy H. Reinicke <email@example.com> Date: 2014-05-09 Comments:
Actually I've been trying to get in touch with anyone at the Tremont Historical Society because I read on the All Trips Acadaia National Park website featuring the Bass Harbor Lighthouse that your society could possibly arrange a tour of the lighthouse. My husband, our daughter, his sister, and myself will be in your area October 6-10, 2014. Is there someone who could take us on a tour of the lighthouse during that time period? Thank you for your consideration.
Name: Shari Richardson Reidenbach <Dbreids@aol.com> Date: 2014-01-10 Your Name Shari Families you are Researching Richardson Comments:
We have been to the museum and it was wonderful! Perry Warrington Richardson was my great great grandfather! We would like to return to visit to find out what really happened to the Richardsons in the 1930s, it is difficult to get that information. Hopefully we can make it back there from Orlando Fl in the next couple of years. Thank you!
Name: firstname.lastname@example.org <email@example.com> Date: 2013-08-14 Your Name me Families you are Researching all Comments:
Name: Susan Trainor <firstname.lastname@example.org> Date: 2013-07-09 Your Name Susan Trainor Families you are Researching Daniel Gott Comments:
We are related to the Gott's on my grandmother's side. Not finished all the research yet, but the Daughter's of the American Revolution say I'm qualified to join because of Daniel Gott's service in the Revolutionary War. Hope to visit the island this summer. Love reading Ralph's articles....
Name: PIRetiree <email@example.com> Date: 2013-01-14 Your Name Jim Brown Families you are Researching Dow Comments:
I am interested in finding descendents of Ephraim Dow and his son Thurlow Dow. My great-grandmother was Thurlow's daughter Emeline Butler Dow Greenlaw, wife of Sylvester Greenlaw. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Name: test2 <firstname.lastname@example.org> Date: 2012-12-31 Your Name cliebow Families you are Researching All Comments: